Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Misson on moon.

I wrote a post before about the proposed manned mission on moon from India and a score of other nations. Then I told that there are few better options, rather than going for a manned mission on moon, and India should place a larger picture for the global audience. After all such things are just to show your international poweress.
NASA is now trying to make a permanent station on either of the poles of moon. It could have been ISRO's idea, if I would have been working with them. Yes it will take much more money than sending a man or two to the moon. But hey sending such rockets is not a monthly business, rather in many cases its a life time opportunity. So, tax more and make a thing which we can call The First. Moreover, to me, its a far better idea to set up a permanent station on moon, though not human, but robotic(NASA are going for manned station and I am not ready to pay that much tax).
It would certainly be working there for much more time than a human can work. And if some one tells me that India is not that good in robotics then I would like to remind them that Indian is possible to do any thing in a time span which is unimaginable by many others. We can easily develop robotics, more over this is era of multinational activities.

You can read my previous article here.
And a follow-up by my friend here.

No comments: